- The user clicks the attachment icon from the work object to display the Attachments window.
- The user then clicks the appropriate attachment. The File Download dialog appears.
- When the user selects to Save the attachment to a local drive, the process completes successfully.
- When the user selects to Open the attachment, an error message is displayed saying that the file cannot be found.
This occurs because a property in WebSphere 6.1 is not set properly. Upon installation of WebSphere, the CookiesConfigureNoCache property is left blank and treated as set to “true.”
When this property is set to true (or blank) the following are added to the HTTP response message:
- an Expires header that points to a very old date
- a Cache-Control header that explicitly tells the client not to cache the Set-Cookie header
The combination of these two headers prevents Internet Explorer from saving the attachment to the temporary folder and so the user cannot open the attachment.
To resolve this issue, set the CookiesConfigureNoCache property to false, as follows:
- From the WebSphere administration console, select Application Servers > server name > Web Container settings > Web container transport chains > chain_name > HTTP Inbound Channel > Custom Properties > New.
- Under General Properties, do the following:
- Enter CookiesConfigureNoCache in the Name field.
- Enter false in the Value field
- Optionally enter a description in the Description field.
- Click Apply and then click OK.
- Click Save to save your changes.
- Restart the server.
For more information on this issue, see: