Improve clipboard performance in editable data page processing by using the high-throughput mode option. Access this option in Dev Studio on the Definition tab of the data page rule form.
High-throughput mode option
This mode supports the following clipboard features:
- Hierarchical structure – Arbitrarily deep and complex tree structure formed by pages, lists, groups, and so on.
- Legacy API compatibility via adapters
- Complex references – APIs on the page support arbitrarily complex property reference strings, including list subscript symbolics such as <APPEND>, <FIRST>, and so on.
- Messaging – Message metadata can be attached to properties and pages, for example, as a result of validation, Rule-Declare-Constraints, or various APIs and activity methods
- Dictionary – Information specified on the Property rule form is available during clipboard processing.
- Serialization/deserialization – Page structure and contents can be stored on disk or in a database; then later restored into memory.
The following clipboard features are not supported:
- Linked properties
- Referenced properties
- Limited support for declaratives
- Change tracking for property value updates in the user interface
For more information about configuring data pages, see Data page rules - Using the Definition tab.