Beginning in Deployment Manager 4.5, you can now associate bugs and user stories with branch merges so that you can track your branch changes. Doing so enables your team to understand the entire life cycle of Agile Workbench items from development to production, ensures that Deployment Manager users can verify that only the correct changes are being migrated, and provides insight into what changes are on each of your candidate systems.
When you start a deployment by submitting a branch into the Merge Branches wizard, you can add a description and associate user stories and bugs from Agile Workbench. This information appears when you view deployment details for the pipeline.
To submit a branch into the Merge Branches wizard and track changes:
- In the navigation pane in Dev Studio, click App, and then click Branches.
- Right-click the branch and click .
- Click Proceed.
- In the Application pipelines section, from the Pipeline list, select the application for which the pipeline is configured into which you want to merge branches.
- In the Merge Description field, enter information that you want to capture about the merge.
- In the Associated User stories/bugs field, press the Down arrow key and select the Agile Workbench user story or bug that you want to associate with this branch merge.
- Click Merge.
The following figure shows an example of entering a description and associating a bug with the merge in the wizard.
When you view deployment details for the pipeline, the description that you entered and the bugs and user stories that you associated with the merge appear.
For more information, see Understanding model-driven DevOps with Deployment Manager.