Released in July 2007, Process Commander V5.3 offers dozens of new capabilities for developers, application users, and system administrators, and resolves issues found in earlier versions. For an overview, see What's new in Process Commander 5.3.
Process Commander applications can be localized, so that the user interface and correspondence are presented in a language suitable to the user or addressee. Two new provide step-by-step support of localization:
The new Localization wizard:
- Assists developers and translators with the localization of an application to multiple languages.
- Verifies whether localization is enabled in the user interface rules of the application..
- Provides the ability to extend and build on Pegasystems-provided language packs for French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese
- Exports the text strings that require translation to an Excel spreadsheet, for offline updates.
- Imports translations into the language-specific RuleSet
The new Field Value Inspector tool supports testing, evaluation, and fine-tuning of localized applications, by allowing updates to field value rules that contain translations while viewing the application.
- Displays visual indicators that link text elements on a form to the associated field value rules..
- Easily identifies missing field value rules, for text labels, error messages, ToolTips, and so on
- Provides quick access to the field value rule through a pop-up window, so a missing or incorrect translation can be revised immediately.
For example, the English label "Rejection note" map appear on a flow action form at runtime, with an explanatory Tooltip. Using the Field Value Inspector, you can access the language-specific field value rule that defines the German (or Spanish, or other) language equivalent phrase.
To download the latest 5.3 product documentation, see PRPC 5.3 Release Announcement.
To request an installation kit for the V5.3 release see Process Commander V5.3 is Available.
(Links in this topic marked with the help icon access a 5.3 help system topic, adapted for PDN display).
* * * * *