Announced in February 2008, Process Commander V5.4 offers dozens of new capabilities for developers, application users, and system administrators, and resolves issues found in earlier versions. This page summarizes V5.4 enhancements and new features that support work object forms, portals, and other user interface features. Follow the links to articles that provide examples and instructions.
V5.4 includes these enhancements to application user interfaces:
- Harness, Section, and Flow Action layouts — An updated design of the Layout tab on the Harness and Section rule forms (and the Form tab of the Flow Action form) provides faster access to specific controls at the layout, container, and field level. You can develop the layout and look of a harness, section, or flow action form quickly, using placeholder properties, before the real properties are known or defined. Options on the form provide direct access to individual input formats, including advanced formats such as dynamic select, embedded list view displays, and embedded charts. See Use pyTemplate properties and controls to rapidly prototype work object forms and How to configure a Dynamic Select control (V5.4).
- Application Skin wizard — A new wizard simplifies the process of defining CSS styles and images to apply corporate colors, fonts, logos, and other branding elements to a portal. The wizard creates a skin rule, creates a associated text file rules, and updates the portal rule. See How to use the Application Skin wizard.
- List to List control —To make multiple selections of values from a potentially long list, users can drag or click using a new list-to-list control. See How to add a list-to-list control to a flow action form
- Autocomplete control — Users can select from suggested values for a text-box field from a drop-down list of matched text values, provided by an activity or by searching a clipboard page See How to add an autocomplete field to a flow action form.
- New flow action — The new standard flow action Work-.PreviousOperator returns a work object to the worklist of the operator who last updated the work object, even if the previous assignment was to a workbasket rather than a worklist.
- Testing —When developing a harness, section, or flow action rule, you can click the Run toolbar button and identify a clipboard page to use for testing the rule.
- Presentation of errors — A new tab on the Harness rule allows easily customization of the presentation of errors on work object forms. See How to customize the presentation of errors on work object forms.
- A worklist display can contain properties from the work object as well as properties from the assignment. See How to customize the worklist display using a JOIN.
- The contents of the Java exception windows (success with green checkmark, failure with red X) can be customized and localized.
- SmartInfo popup windows can be marked as clickable; when this option is configured, the window remains open until explicitly closed by the user.
- Users can select a local flow action by clicking a button of a new standard type
Local Action. The local action form appears in a pop-up window that optionally can be modal, requiring users to complete and submit the form before any other work. See How to configure a local action in a button.
- As an alternative to a paragraph with SmartInfo, you can add a text label with a pop-up. See How to add a SmartLabel pop-up to a harness, section, or flow action rule.