This presentation is part of the Declarative Expressions Self-Study Course.
To decide whether to use declarative or procedural rules to do your calculations, follow these guidelines.
Use declarative rules when rules need to be executed:
- All the time
- Not well defined (i.e., no one can say that the rule will only need to be executed at specific times)
- Only when the input data changes
- Only when the stored result of the rule is used
Use procedural rules when rules need to be executed:
- At well defined intervals
- You need control of when a rule is fired