Protect sensitive data and adhere to your organization's security efforts to mask Personally Identifiable Information (PII) by creating custom security rules.For example, you can mask the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) by creating a rule that finds the TIN pattern in screens and replaces the number with xx-xxxxxxx.
- In the header of Pega Workforce Intelligence, click .
- On the Client Configuration page, scroll down to Security Rules and then click +Add Rule.
- In the Add Security Rule window, enter a name for the
This name appears on the Client Configuration page.
- In the Description field, enter a description of the
This description appears on the Client Configuration page.
- In the Pattern field, enter the pattern that you want
the system to search for.
Note: To replace a single character, enter a question mark (?). To replace multiple characters, enter an asterisk (*).
- In the Replacement field, enter the characters that you want the system to use when replacing the sensitive information that the system locates.
- In the Field names field, enter the names of the fields affected by this rule.
- In the Event names field, enter the names of the events affected by this rule.
- Click the Turn on for existing configurations toggle to
indicate whether you want this rule turned on or off for existing
configurations.For example, if you are creating a custom security rule to mask the TIN, your security rule looks similar to the following image:
Tip: For examples of common security rules and values, see Masking sensitive data.
- Click Submit.