Pega Sales Automation™ provides a Pega for Outlook VSTO add-in that allows you to integrate your application with Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013, or 2016.
With the Pega for Outlook VSTO add-in, you can search, open, and display Pega Sales Automation leads, contacts, and opportunities from within Microsoft Outlook. You can also create emails, appointments, activities, and contacts in Microsoft Outlook and synchronize them with Pega Sales Automation.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- Microsoft Outlook version 2010, 2013, or 2016
To configure and install the Pega for Outlook VSTO add-in, complete the following steps:
- Configuring settings for the Pega for Outlook VSTO add-in
- Installing the Pega for Outlook VSTO add-in
- Optional: Configuring Microsoft Outlook with custom authentication
Configure settings in Pega Sales Automation to control the display of the Pega for Outlook VSTO add-in, determine how the add-in handles attachments, and specify internal domains to filter out from the Add a Person list for emails and appointments. You configure these settings in Pega Express.
- In the Designer Studio Explorer panel, in the lower left corner of the screen, click the icon.
- In the Pega Express Explorer panel, click .
- Click the tab.
- In the Internal domains that you want to filter out when populating the Add a Person list for emails and appointments. section, enter the
- In the Side panel configuration options:
sections, to determine how the add-in displays in Pega Sales Automation, select one of the following
- Explorer Only – The side panel opens by default in Explorer, but a button displays in Compose, Reply, and Read Only Inspector. Recommended for 32 bit.
- Explorer Compose & Reply – The side panel opens by default in Explorer, Compose, and Reply, but a button displays in Read Only Inspector. Suitable for 32 bit.
- All – The side panel opens by default in all views. Recommended for 64 bit.
- In the Maximum side panel width (pixels) field, enter
320. section, in the
- Click .
Install the Pega for Outlook VSTO add-in on the workstation of each Pega Sales Automation user who will use the Microsoft Outlook integration.
- Exit Microsoft Outlook, if it is already running.
- Open the /Install/Optional/PegaForOutlook/ directory from the Pega Sales Automation installation media and launch Pega for Outlook setup.exe.
- Follow the Pega Sales Automation Outlook Add-in Setup wizard instructions and complete the installation process.
If the Microsoft .NET runtime is not already installed, during the installation process, the installer attempts to download and install the appropriate version.
- After the installation is complete, launch Microsoft Outlook and confirm that you want to enable the Pega for Outlook VSTO add-in.
- In the Add-Ins tab, click Login and provide the information that Microsoft Outlook needs to log in to your Pega Sales Automation application, including your Pega Sales Automation server URL, operator ID, and password. If you change the operator's password on the Pega Sales Automation server, you must update the password in the Pega for Outlook section of the Add-Ins tab. section of the
A Pega Sales Automation panel now displays in Microsoft Outlook. The panel shows the relevant organizations, accounts, contacts, leads, and opportunities based on the email or appointment that you are viewing in Microsoft Outlook. You can also search for and create work objects from within the add-in.
To set up custom authentication for Microsoft Outlook, you must create a new AuthenticationServlet dynamic system setting under the PegaFW-Outlook ruleset.
- In Designer Studio, click .
- On the Create Dynamic System Settings form, in the Owning Ruleset field, enter PegaFW-Outlook, then enter a Short Description and Setting Purpose for the new setting.
- Click .
- On the Edit Dynamic System Settings form, in the Value field, enter the servlet path of the authentication service.
For example, if the servlet path is /prweb/PRWebLDAP1, enter PRWebLDAP1 in the Value field.
- Click .