Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Enhancements to MCOM collaboration layer
Mastercard has published a new article on June 18, 2020, with additional features introduced to MCOM collaboration.
With the new addition to the collaboration layer, merchants can provide a credit voucher in response to the chargeback request routed to the merchant through MCOM collaboration. After the Credit Voucher is provided, the same is updated and passed on to the Issuer. The Issuers have an option to accept the Credit Voucher or reject the Credit Voucher within 4 days. In case of no response from issuer, GCMS would consider the same as Auto-Reject. If the credit voucher is rejected, GCMS proceeds with registering the chargeback.
If the merchant provides a Credit Voucher and notifies the same:
- Mastercard places the dispute in the reject queue of the Issuer with reject reason code starting with “5001”
- The Smart Dispute application fetches the rejected claim from MCOM and then presents a screen for Issuers to either Accept or Reject the Credit Voucher
- Currently MCOM only provides the notification of Credit Voucher provided but does not provide the copy of Credit Voucher as a part of any service. The verification of details in the Credit Voucher must be taken up by Issuers outside the SD system
- The assignment will be available in CustomerClaim work basket which is the same work queue which submits the Ancillary Questionnaire
- The Issuers have 4 days or the time remaining for chargeback timeframes to expire, whichever is lesser to accept or reject the credit voucher
- If the Issuers reject or do not act within the SLA, the same is notified to GCMS and a chargeback is submitted
- If Issuers accept the credit voucher, the Issuers have a choice to change their decision to Reject within the timeframes of the chargeback
The following are the technical details of the implementation:
- New elements have been incorporated to Retrieve Claim and Update Chargeback services which have been introduced by MCOM
- The issuers decision to accept or reject the Credit Voucher is notified to GCMS through update chargeback service through creditVoucherAction Element
- Once the action from issuer is complete, Smart Dispute system advances the flow based on creditVoucherStatus in Retrieve Claim service
- Credit Voucher Accepted – The issuer acceptance is recorded by GCMS. The Issuer now sees an option to change the decision to Reject
- Credit Voucher Provided – The issuer is yet to provide a response with Accept or Reject
- Pending – Issuer has providing the decision and is in process by GCMS. Smart Dispute waits at temporary assignment “Processing Credit Voucher Decision” and invoke Retrieve Claim again after 3 hours (Configurable by issuers – ‘RetryToCallGetClaim’) to decide on next action
- Processed – The Chargeback is processed. The Issuer waits for the response of the acquirer
Previous topic Collaboration layer