For clients running Pega Customer Decision Hub in their environments, when Pega Cloud services clones a client's Staging environment as part of the Pega Cloud software update process, the cloning process maintains the client application and data from the Staging environment with certain exceptions.
Adaptive Decision Manager models
Since Adaptive Decision Manager (ADM) models uses DDS data sets as a cache, the models are present in the relational database and then cached in DDS data sets. Therefore, the cloning does not impact these models and they are regenerated when the cloned environment starts.
Decision Data Store data sets
Decision Data Store (DDS) data sets in the Pega Customer Decision Hub environment are not copied during the update process when the client's Staging environment is cloned. However, the data sets are recreated in the cloned environment on first use. The standard product features in the client application continue to work using these newly created data sets.
Client-defined Decision Data Store data sets
Client-defined Decision Data Store (DDS) data sets are created when the cloned environment starts, but will be empty. If data in these DDS data sets is needed, then clients need to do either of the following steps:
- Recreate the data set from the current database data.
- Copy the data set from the originating system, which depends on the size of the
- For small data sets, clients use the export and import facility available from the action menu. The export option generates a CSV file on your desktop, while the import option reads the local CSV and inserts it into the empty data set on the clone.
- For larger data sets, clients create a data flow to take the data out of the source data set and writes it to a file data set that resides on one of the shared environment repositories. To read this data into the empty data set on the cloned environment, clients create a data flow that takes the data out of a file data set that resides on one of the shared environment repositories and writes it to the empty data set on the clone.
In both cases, care should be taken regarding the sensitivity of the data being copied into the cloned environment: exporting Production data is not allowed.
Real-time data flow runs and Interaction History summaries
Depending on the type of data flow and Interaction History (IH) summary used in your Pega Customer Decision Hub environment, the action for these data flows and summaries varies:
- Managed real-time data flow and materialized IH aggregates automatically restart on the cloned environment.
- Unmanaged real-time data flows (not marked as managed) or non-materialized IH aggregates are not automated; instead clients must restart the real-time data flows that populate the IH aggregates.
Segment populations are not copied to the Staging clone. If the segments are not set to be refreshed automatically by a schedule or outbound run, you need to run any existing segments manually on the Staging clone.
Visual Business Director
All Visual Business Director (VBD) column families are recreated when needed.