- Ensure that you can stop and start the application server.
- Before starting an installation, and before backing up your system, review the database policies and application permissions that are used by your Pega Platform installation. Determine whether the application is permitted to update the database automatically or if you must generate the database scripts that your organization will use to manually make schema changes.
- Install the latest version of Pega Platform 8.7, and ensure that you can log in as an administrator. For more information, see the Pega Platform Install Guide for your environment on the Deploy Pega Platform page.
- Apply any required hotfixes by using the Hotfix Manager. For more information, see Applying hotfixes. To review the Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor hotfixes without using the Hotfix Manager, see the Pega Customer Relationship Management hotfixes page.
- Update the Pega Platform online help to the latest version
from the Online Help Files section on the Pega Platform Update page. After you download the latest
prhelp.warfile, deploy it in your Pega Platform installation before continuing. For deployment information, see the Pega Platform Installation Guide for your application server.
- Install and configure Pega Customer Decision Hub
8.7, and ensure it is available for the Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor application to connect.For more information, see the Pega Customer Decision Hub Installation Guide on the Pega Customer Decision Hub product page.