Before you install the application, ensure that you complete all of the following tasks.
- Apply HFix-48589, if the Smart Investigate for Payments application is being upgraded from 7.11 to 8.7 version.
- Apply HFix-48525, if the Smart Investigate for Payments application is being upgraded from 7.31 to 8.7 version.
In addition, run the following scripts for your database platform by using the database tool of your choice.
- Oracle: \Scripts\Upgrade\Oracle\DropAlterRecreateViewSIP_Oracle.sql
- IBM DB2: \Scripts\Upgrade\DB2LUW\DropAlterRecreateViewSIP_DB2.sql
- MS-SQL: \Scripts\Upgrade\MSSQL\DropAlterRecreateViewSIP_MSSQL.sql
Note: The above mentioned upgrade scripts are required when the upgrade of Pega Smart Investigate for Payments is from 7.x to 8.7. This step is not applicable for upgrades from applications versions 8.1 to 8.7.
- Review the database policies and application permissions that are used by your Pega Platform installation. Determine whether the application is permitted to update the database automatically or if you must generate the database scripts that your organization will use to manually make schema changes.
- Install the latest available release of Pega Platform 8.7, and ensure that you can log in as an administrator. For more information, see the Pega Platform Install Guide for your environment available on the Deploy Pega Platform page.
- Apply any required hotfixes by using the Hotfix Manager. For more information, see Applying hotfixes. To review the Pega Smart Investigate for Payments hotfixes without using the Hotfix Manager, see the hotfix page.
- Update the Pega Platform online help to the latest version from the Online Help Files section on the Pega Platform Update page.