Before you update the application, ensure that you complete all of the following tasks:
- Before starting an update, and before backing up your system, review the database policies and application permissions that are used by your Pega Platform update. Determine whether the application is permitted to update the database automatically or if you must generate the database scripts that your organization will use to manually make schema changes.
- Verify your Pega Platform and Pega Foundation for Financial Services (PFFS) versions and perform one of the following actions: If you are operating on Pega Platform 8 and PFFS 8, continue to Backing up your system. If you are operating on older versions, continue with the prerequiste tasks.
- Update to Pega Platform 8, and then verify your installation as described in the Platform Installation Guide for your environment, available on the Deployment Guides page.
- Update the Pega Platform help to the latest version from the Online Help Files section on the Pega Platform Update page. After you download the latest prhelp.war file, deploy it in your Pega Platform installation before continuing. For deployment information, see the Pega Platform Installation Guide for your application server.
- Ensure that the following hotfixes and any other hotfixes released on Pega
Foundation for Financial Services (PFFS 8.7) are installed. For a list of
required hotfixes, see the Pega Foundation for Financial Services
- Hfix-83975 - PFFS core layer rule changes pre-requisite hotfix to support Smart Dispute release 8.7 installation and update.
- Hfix-84020 - PFFS sample layer rule changes that includes adding a new column to PegaFS-Int-FSF_Sample_Tran table to support Smart Dispute release 8.7 installation and update.
- Ensure that the data in the transactiondate column in the schema_name.sd_dispute database table type is varchar(8) or similar, depending on the requirements provided by your database vendor. If the column contains data, but the data type is not varchar, back up the data from the column and restore the backed-up data.