Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Configuring the Dun & Bradstreet integration in Pega Underwriting for Insurance
Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) is a data analytics company that provides its customers with data and insight into a potential business partner’s company profile, including financial background, operations, and risk. Using this data, Dun & Bradstreet customers decide which companies they want to work with. You can receive this data from Dun & Bradstreet in your Pega Underwriting for Insurance application by enabling the Hoover's Dun & Bradstreet Direct 2.0 Data component (D&B component).
The D&B component currently provides 13 data pages that you can use to integrate to most of the APIs provided by Dun & Bradstreet. The information from the following two Dun & Bradstreet services is mapped to the Pega Underwriting for Insurance application and can be used as a reference to map other services as required:
- Detailed Company Profile
- Financial Highlights and Statements
Before you enable the D&B component in Pega Underwriting for Insurance, you need to register for a D&B Direct access account. To do so, see https://developer.dnb.com/register-v2. If you already have a D&B Direct access account, you can skip this step.
Enabling the D&B component
- Log in to Pega Underwriting for Commercial Insurance by entering the credentials for your system administrator operator.
- In the navigation panel of Dev Studio, click Records > Security > Authentication Profile.
- On the Edit Authentication Profile tab, click DunBradstreetAPICredentials.
- Replace the username and password with the API credentials that you received when you created your D&B Direct access account.
- Click Save.
Verifying your D&B credentials
- In Dev Studio, search for and select the D_DunBradstreetAuthentication data page.
- Click Actions > Run.
Under AuthenticationDetail, the access token is displayed in the Token field. You entered the credentials successfully.
If you do not see the access token in that field, contact the D&B Direct API Support Center.
Rulesets provided with Pega Underwriting for Insurance
You can use the D&B component features with the following rulesets that are provided with Pega Underwriting for Insurance:
- The DunBradstreet ruleset is provided in the Pega Underwriting for Insurance application in the PegaInsurancePACL_Sample layer.
- DnB_20170214T183624301is the component ruleset that bundles all the rules that are provided as part of the Pega Exchange. This ruleset gives users access to all of the available APIs.
- PUIDnBData is the ruleset that is built by Pega Underwriting for Insurance. It maps two of the APIs in the application: Detailed Company Profile and Financial Statements Highlights.
PegaInsurance (PFI layer) holds the data model for insurance applications. All the required data classes and properties are available in this layer.
Previous topic Configuring Pega Underwriting for Commercial Insurance for ACORD XML submissions Next topic Configuring the ISO integration in Pega Underwriting for Insurance