Service Operations and Support for Pega Cloud for Government
This content applies only to Pega Cloud environments
This article is part of the Pega Cloud for Government Subscription Documentation.
For Pega Cloud for Government (PCFG) maintenance, monitoring, and support, the US-based Pega Cloud support facilities are located in Massachusetts and Virginia.
PCFG provides each client with the following Service Operations capabilities:
- Environment monitoring and management with proactive response to infrastructure issues and failures, and resource utilization issues; and tuning of environments to support Guardrail- and license- compliant applications across all client environments.
- Database monitoring and management to support availability and performance for Guardrail- and license-compliant applications, as well as changes required by the client which are not enabled by Pega Platform features.
- Network monitoring and management including firewall and security group configuration and network and system level access monitoring, with 12-month storage of security audit logs.
- Service maintenance and updates including all scheduled Pega Platform, CRM, and Pega Government Platform (PGP) software updates, as well as Pega Cloud for Government infrastructure updates and upgrades.
- Security monitoring and management in line with the Security Standards.
- Data backup and restore management as described in the Data Backup Objectives section above.
- Deployment of new PCFG Subscriptions.
Pega Global Client Support
Pega Cloud for Government provides each client with access to Pega Global Client Support (GCS) Premium level Service for assistance with:
- Problems encountered during application development
- Issues encountered during standard use or testing
- Environmental issues, including performance and configuration problems with the product
- Upgrade, or migration problems
- Other software use or operation errors
GCS and Pega Cloud support teams work with clients to resolve issues in the clients’ PCFG environments. As such, unless it is relevant to the client’s responsibilities for their environment, it is not part of Pegasystem’s support practice for Pega Cloud support teams to share specifics of the Cloud infrastructure, such as screenshots of capacity/usage, infrastructure logs, firewall/security configurations, and details about the general architecture of Pega Cloud. The security of Pega Platform and the Pega Cloud infrastructure is a top priority at Pega, and as part of our commitment to keep the Pega Cloud environments secure, Pega’s practice is to not release this type of information.
When subscribed, support and service management capabilities will be supported within the geographical bounds of the region licensed, for the tasks outlined below:
- Support Requests entered via My Support Portal (MSP) or by phone will be triaged and assigned by Pega’s global triage support staff and routed to the appropriate staff within the required region, as defined in the subscription schedule. Global triage support will have access to client name, client contact information (i.e., email, telephone number), region of deployment, special handling information, and Service Request description information entered by the client. Global triage support will not have access to Service Request attachments
- Service Operations (as defined in Service Operations and Support section) will be supported via the in-region support staff
- Access to client service case information is limited to the confines of the designated region
- Any activity to resolve product, system, or security incidents that require expertise outside the designated region such as, but not limited to, product engineering will be engaged through the in-region support staff. All information shared by client to resolve identified issues, such as log files, must be cleansed by client prior to being shared in the Support Request
- No support staff outside of the designated in-region support will be permitted access to client’s application credentials or database access
- In-region support allows for Pega subcontractors (one-tier) and will follow the same background investigation as Pega’s employees
Support as defined by In-Region Support, will be provided by US-Citizens and Green Card holders that reside within the United States of America.
Pega Cloud for Government provides each client with access to Self Service capabilities, including:
- Pega Community – includes access to:
- Pega Knowledge Base
- Support forums
- Pega Academy
- Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud, the Pega application performance monitoring service deployed to all government client environments.
- Pega Deployment Manager, the Pega DevOps pipeline orchestration capability
- Pega Agile Studio, the Pega Agile project management tool
- Database Management features built into the Pega Platform, including Schema Tools and Query Runner capabilities.