Completing the prerequisite tasks
This document describes how to update the Pega Customer Service for Healthcare and Pega Sales Automation for Healthcare applications. Pega Customer Relationship Management for Healthcare (CRM) provides a single installer for both applications, but each application is licensed separately.
This document applies only to Pega customers who are running the applications on the premises or in a third-party cloud installation. For information about feature adoption steps for Pega Cloud Services environments, see the CRM for Healthcare 8.6 Feature Adoption for Pega Cloud guide on Pega Community.
When completing the prerequisites, back up your system after key milestones to ensure that you can revert to the last working version of the system if you encounter an error. For instructions, see Backing up your system.
- Verify that you have already run the required Pega Customer Service Upgrade
Checker and the optional the Sales Automation Upgrade Checker. The
upgrade checkers identify rule conflicts between the current version and the new version
of the application.For information, see Pega Customer Service Upgrade Checker and Optional: Pega Sales Automation Upgrade Checker.
- When updating from a version that is not the previous version, review the update guides
and release notes for each of the interim versions. For example, if updating from release
8.4 to release 8.6, review the 8.5 update guide, 8.5
release notes, and this guide.Some product changes, such as deprecated and withdrawn features, require user action before the update. See Pega Community for legacy update guides and release notes. To review a list of the product changes that have update impacts, see Crucial update information for Pega Customer Relationship Management.
- If using a Pega Customer Service application, update legacy portals if necessary. For information, see Updating legacy Pega Customer Service portals.
- Before starting an update, and before
backing up your system, review the database policies and application permissions that
are used by your Pega Platform
whether the application is permitted to update the database automatically or if you must
generate the database scripts that your organization will use to manually make schema
To automatically update the application schema, your access group must have the SchemaImport privilege and the dynamic system setting database/AutoDBSchemaChanges must be set to true. Otherwise, you can create a DDL file to apply the schema changes manually.
During the application update process, the import tool will have an option to automatically apply database schema updates or extract the database scripts to provide to the database administrators. If the schema updates are executed manually, the jar file installation is paused until the schema updates are applied.
- Update to the latest version of Pega Platform 8.6, and ensure that you can log in as an administrator. For more information, see the Pega Platform Update Guide for your environment on the Deploy Pega Platform page.
- Determine which language packs are applicable to your product and check for
availability. For information, see Pega Marketplace.
Update and verify Pega Foundation for Healthcare 8.6. For additional information, see the Pega Foundation for Healthcare Update Guide on the Pega Foundation for Healthcare product page.
- Apply any hotfixes that are required to support the Pega Foundation for Healthcare
application. For more information, see Applying hotfixes.
Update to Pega Customer Service 8.6 and Pega Sales Automation 8.6.
There is a single procedure to update both of those applications. Follow all of the instructions, including prerequisites, in the update guide on the Pega Customer Service product page or the Pega Sales Automation product page.
- If the distribution media files for Pega Customer Service and Pega Sales Automation include patch releases, import the patch release files before continuing with the update.
- Optional: Because SQL database triggers are no longer supported, before you update the application, have your database administrator check for and drop triggers.
Previous topic Running the Pega Sales Automation Upgrade Checker Next topic Backing up your system