- Before starting an installation, and before
backing up your system, review the database policies and application permissions that
are used by your Pega Platform
whether the application is permitted to update the database automatically or if you must
generate the database scripts that your organization will use to manually make schema
To automatically update the application schema, your access group must have the SchemaImport privilege and the dynamic system setting database/AutoDBSchemaChanges must be set to true. Otherwise, you can create a DDL file to apply the schema changes manually.
- Install the latest version of Pega Platform 8.6, and ensure that you can log in as an administrator. For more information, see the Pega Platform Install Guide for your environment on the Deploy Pega Platform page.
- Determine which language packs are applicable to your product and check for
availability. For information, see Pega Marketplace.
- Install Pega Foundation for Insurance 8.6 as described in the Pega Foundation for InsuranceInstallationGuide on the Pega Foundation for Insurance product page.
- Apply hotfixes that are required to support Pega Foundation for Insurance. For more information, see Applying hotfixes.
- Install Pega Customer Service 8.6 and Pega Sales Automation 8.6. There is a single procedure to install both of those applications.
- If the distribution media files for Pega Customer Service and Pega Sales Automation include patch releases, import the patch release files before continuing with the installation.
- Apply hotfixes that are required to support Pega Customer Service 8.6 and Pega Sales Automation 8.6.For more information, see Applying hotfixes.