Product Catalog for Communications provides a unified approach for creating products and configuring price information that helps market and sell a final product to customers. It serves as a repository for business entities that are used by business or operations support systems (B/OSS).
Product Catalog for Communications includes the following business entities:
- Product catalog – A repository of product offers that are defined by the marketing manager. Defines information about business line, type of catalog, start date, end date, status, and geographic area.
- Product specification – Details the technical aspects of a product. Utilized by product offers. Manages terms and conditions, media content, compatibility rules, and product configurations, and also includes information about the business line, product line, product category, brand, life cycle status, and cost to the business.
- Product offering – Details commercial information that pertains to a product, including start date, end date, contract terms, status, offer type, and distribution channels.
- Composite price – Captures pricing information (such as non-recurring charges (NRC), monthly recurring charges (MRC), delivery intervals, discounts, and fees) and eligibility rules that are associated with a product offer, bundle, or product specification.
- Pricing rules – Define rules for runtime discounting based on customer class, quantity, or the amount of an item.
For more information, see Business entities in Product Catalog for Communications.