Running the Pre-Upgrade Check
This content applies only to Pega Cloud environments
Assess whether your system is ready for an upgrade to the latest version by adding the Pre-Upgrade Check component to your Pega Customer Decision Hub application, and then running a series of checks.
Pega Customer Decision Hub Update Guide
With the Pre-Upgrade Check component, you can identify the following types of problems that might cause errors or failure during an upgrade:
- Missing hotfixes
- Locked artifact ruleset
- Excessive number of batch database tables
- Customized rules
- Column length for pyDesciption on the PR4_RULE table is not increased to 1000
- In the header of the Pega Customer Decision Hub portal, click .
- On the Pre-upgrade check page, click
Result: The application displays the results grouped into categories, as shown in the following example:
- Review and resolve the reported issues.For more information, see Resolving pre-update issues.
- Run the Pre-Upgrade Check component again by repeating steps 1 through 3.When the check returns no more issues, your application is ready for an upgrade.
Previous topic Pega Cloud cloning limitations for stream data sets and environment stream tiers Next topic Resolving pre-update issues