Removing deprecated pyCampaignOptimization settings
This content applies only to Pega Cloud environments
Prediction strategies in Pega Customer Decision Hub version 8.4 used pyCampaignOptimization flags to trigger a negative feedback signal when the waiting time for an outbound campaign has expired. In later versions of Pega Customer Decision Hub, this flag is deprecated. You enable the response timeout by using a prediction-level setting in Prediction Studio.
Updating customized prediction strategies (in which the pyCampaignOptimization flag is enabled) from version 8.4 to 8.7 results in an error in which the pxHandleResponses data flow run does not process responses for these strategies.
- This issue affects you if you are on Pega Customer Decision Hub version 8.4, you use the Next-Best-Action Designer framework, and you have customized prediction strategies, such as Predict Action Propensity and Predict Treatment Propensity, that include pyCampaignOptimization flags and other associated properties.
- The response timeout mechanism will not work for you after you update your application to version 8.7.
To prevent this issue, remove the pyCampaignOptimization flag and other associated properties from your prediction strategies before you update your application:
- Identify the strategies that contain Set Property shapes which contain the
- In Prediction Studio, open a prediction, and then click .
- On the strategy canvas, double-click each Set Property shape, and then
check whether the configuration contains any of the following
- In the prediction strategies that you identified, remove the settings for the
- Note the strategies that you updated and the associated predictions. After you
update your application, set the response timeout in the
Settings tab of the predictions in Prediction Studio.For more information, see Setting the response timeout.
Previous topic Pega Customer Decision Hub 8.4 and newer to 8.7 Feature Adoption for Pega Cloud Services Environments Next topic Running the Pre-Upgrade Check