Verifying that Pega Customer Decision Hub is ready for update
This content applies only to Pega Cloud environments
Perform a confidence check of your Pega Customer Decision Hub application in the updated, temporary production environment to make a go/no-go decision to accept or abandon the update, and then communicate the decision to Pega Cloud services.
You have 60 minutes to complete the confidence check. This window starts when you receive a notification from Pega Cloud services that the temporary go/no-go system is available.
The go/no-go stage is part of the minor update process. For more information about the process, see:
- Log in as [email protected] with the default password to
the updated, temporary production environment.The URL to the temporary production environment is available in the My Support Portal and includes the word ephemeral.
- In the prompt to change the password, set the new password.
- Import the test package (product file) to the temporary production environment:
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Use the Import wizard to import the product file.For more information, see Importing rules and data by using the Import wizard.
- In Dev Studio, open each operator record that you import.
- For each record, on the Security tab, configure the basic
- Clear the Force password change on next login check box, and then click Save.
- Clear the Disable Operator check box, and then click Save.
- Log out, and then log back in as an imported operatorone of the operator accounts that you imported with access to Pega Customer Decision Hub.
- Flush the D_CDHSubjectDictionary data page:
- In Dev Studio, search for and click the D_CDHSubjectDictionary data page.
- On the D_CDHSubjectDictionary tab, click .
- In the Run window, in the Value field for the DictionaryName parameter, enter CUSTOMER.
- Select Flush all instances of this data page before execution, and then click Run.
- Launch the Customer Decision Hub portal and ensure that the portal loads
Important: During confidence testing, you might notice some limitations in the temporary production environment. These limitations are normal and will be cleared after the update is completed:
- The Next-Best-Action Designer update is pending. You can update the Next-Best-Action Designer at any point after the update to Pega Customer Decision Hub 8.7 is completed. For more information, see Updating Next-Best-Action Designer.
- In the navigation pane, the Campaigns menu item is missing. The data schema is not fully populated, which is why campaigns are not available at this stage.
- On the Treatments landing page, the File and Database tabs are empty, and you cannot open the templates.
- The Segments landing page is empty.
- After you complete confidence testing, communicate your go/no-go decision to Pega Cloud services.
Important: After you decide to "go", suspend your migration of changes until all of your environments are updated to the same version, otherwise you can experience unexpected behavior from your Pega Customer Decision Hub application. The update process can take up to a week to complete.
Also, do not run your Business Changes and Data Migration pipelines until all of your environments are updated to the same software version.
Previous topic Creating a Pega Customer Decision Hub test package for the go/no-go update stage Next topic Pega Cloud cloning limitations