The Master Profile is a central source of data, which is referred to and synced multiple times in the lifecycle of a case. During the persistence of the Master Profile, the application extracts all the policies (processed KYC Types) of that customer and stores them separately in the Policy Profiles repository, an independent database table used to maintain all the policies of the customers. Under this configuration, the system keeps the KYC-specific data separated from the other application classes and database tables, bringing significant benefits in terms of performance and data segregation.
Upgrade from 8.1 or earlier versions
Customers implementing an 8.2 version or higher do not need to do anything. The system automatically stores the customer profiles in the new Policy Profile table.
For customers upgrading from previous versions of the application (8.1 or earlier), there are three different options available.
- Bulk Migration
- You can migrate all of KYC Types currently stored in the existing Master Profiles into the new Policy Profiles using a bulk re-save process of the Master Profile instances. During that process, the system will extract the policies and place them in the new repository.
- On-demand Migration
- If no bulk migration is done, the policies will be migrated into the new repository as the Master Profiles instances are being updated for different reasons (for example, changes in contact information, products, and so on). This approach facilitates the implementation as no bulk migration is required but requires some time to have all the Master Profiles moved into the new table.
- Disabling the Policy Profile
- This option is not recommended and can have significant impact in the performance details. This is a legacy configuration that should be considered only when upgrading from a previous version of the application that was implemented with custom logic that reads KYC data directly from the master profile. See "Disabling the Policy Profile" in Policy profiles.
Disabling the Policy Profile
When you turn the Policy Profile off it may affect the application performance. You can disable this enhancement if you have any specific customizations that restrict you from using it.
- In Dev Studio, in the App explorer, search for PegaKYC-Data-Settings.
- Click .
- Save the KYCSystemSettings rule in your application layer and set EnablePolicyProfile to false.
- Click and open Declare_PegaKYC_Settings.
- On the Load Management tab, click Clear data page.
- Select Flush All and click Submit.