A Pega Customer Decision Hub implementation for communications enables you to acquire new customers by leveraging AI and Next-Best-Action capabilities and providing personalized offers and bundles based on the customer interests.
This article uses the following marketing-specific terms:
- Customer – a person who purchased an offer.
- Prospect – a person who is eligible to purchase an offer.
- Static bundle – a fixed, pre-configured bundle of offers.
- Dynamic bundle – a bundle of offers that prospects can dynamically customize by selecting from the available services.
The following sections constitute a high-level overview of the new customer acquisition journey:
- New customer acquisition journey components
- Propositions in the new customer acquisition journey
- Strategies in the new customer acquisition journey
- Real-time containers in the new customer acquisition journey
New customer acquisition journey components
The new customer acquisition journey consists of the several features, such as the ability to select from static and dynamic bundles, configuration of preferences, or budget-dependent limitations of offer selection.
Dynamic and static bundles
Prospects can choose from a wide range of static, pre-configured bundles or build a dynamic bundle based on their personal preferences and service options.
Seamless bundle switching
Prospects can switch between bundle types and customize any static bundle to effectively transform it into a dynamic bundle. Prospects can replace offers in their chosen dynamic bundle at any time and immediately continue with the purchase process. You can extend and customize these capabilities to suit your business needs.
Budget-driven choice of static bundles
Prospects can choose from various pre-configured static bundles based on the maximal total monthly cost. The budget limit does not apply to dynamic bundles; prospects can build dynamic bundles with offers that are relevant to their profiles regardless of the budget limit.
Preferences configuration page
Pega Customer Decision provides a landing page where you can configure sets of preferences to suit various prospect profiles. Prospects can save their preference settings which the application uses to build a bundles that suit their needs.
Offer and bundle search
Prospects can search for static bundles and offers by using full or partial names.
Dynamic population of customer carts
The application provides a toggle for service selection. If the toggle is on for a particular service category, the most suitable plan is added to the prospect's cart. Additionally, the system recommends another offer in that category so that the prospect can immediately fill their cart with relevant offers. If the toggle is off, all offers related to that particular service category are removed from the cart.
Next-Best-Offer smart recommendation
Agents can select Next-Best-Offers based on their conversations with prospects and personalize the offers to suit the prospects' needs. When you add an offer from a specific service to the cart, such as a telephone plan, the interface underlines the offer and suggest a compatible add-on from the same service when you hover over it. The smart recommendation helps the agents to have better and more meaningful exchanges with prospects.
The application provides discounts that you can customize to suit your business needs.
Pega Customer Decision Hub uses the Acquisition business issue to manage propositions in the new customer acquisition journey. You can create propositions or import them from Product Catalog to the application through a landing page by using the built-in APIs. The landing page allows you to map properties as well as target business issues and groups in both applications.
Strategies automatically fetch the relevant propositions in the acquisition journey, after you import the offers into the following business groups of the Acquisition business issue:
Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor ships with Customer Service for Communications and provides strategies for the acquisition journey.
The new customer acquisition journey uses the AcquisitionBundles strategy rule to manage static and dynamic offer bundles. The strategy is associated with the AcquisitionBundles real-time container and uses filter conditions such as budget value, or search criteria, to provide the most suitable and relevant offers to prospects. The following sub-strategies are part of the AcquisitionBundles strategy:
- AcquisitionPersonalizedBundle - fetches top offers based on rank and propensity scores from various business groups under the Acquisition business issue (for example, from Mobile, Internet, or TV).
- PricingCalculations - performs calculations used by strategies in Pega Customer Decision Hub each time an offer is made to a prospect. The interface uses these calculations to notify a customer service representative if an offer bundle is sold at a loss or at a profit.
- CalculateOfferWeightage - calculates the probability that a prospect makes a purchase. Such parameters as offer propensity or personal preferences determine the purchase propensity.
- StaticBundleFilter - recommends static bundles based on the personalization options that the prospect chooses. One personalized bundle and two relevant static bundles are recommended based on the service that the prospect selects.
- AcquisitionFilter - allows prospects to filter their choices based on total bundle cost per month and bundle or offer name.
- CalculatePropensity - calculates the probability that a prospect accepts an offer based on an adaptive model result.
For more information about containers, see the article that is applicable for your application version:
Pega Customer Decision Hub 8.6 implemented for communications
Pega Customer Decision Hub for Communications 8.5
Pega Marketing for Communications 8.3-8.4
Pega Marketing for Communications 7.4-8.2
Starting in version 8.5, Pega Customer Decision Hub is Pega's main solution for one-to-one customer engagement, combining the features available in previous versions of Pega Marketing™ and Pega Customer Decision Hub with many new features. Pega Marketing is no longer available as a separate product.