Product Designer for Financial Services users with the Product Designer role can create products and bundles. You create bundles to offer multiple products and services as one combined product. A product bundle is associated with a single market segment but can consist of products from different Lines of Business and Categories.
To create products, complete the following steps:
- In the Product Studio, click the tabs: Catalog > Products.
- On the Products screen, click Add product. The Add product screen appears.
- Enter Name and Description for the product you want to create. Modify the identifier if desired. Choose the Type and Category values. Select the template from the available templates in the Use template field. Enter the Active from and Expires on date fields.
- Click Submitto create the product.
The product is now ready to be worked on by the Product Designer and Product Marketer. The product remains in the Author stage with a status of Draft while you configure it.
- Click Edit to make changes or configure the attributes, prices, benefits, and eligibilities that were defaulted from the template. Click Done editing when you are finished with your changes. Product Designer for Financial Services allows you to work on a product with different editing sessions over time.
- Click I’m done when you complete configuring the parts of the product on which you are working. When both the Product Designer and Product Marketer have clicked I’m done, the product is routed to the approving manager for approval.
- To approve the product, the manager opens the product from the approval work queue, enters comments, and clicks Accept or Reject. Accepted products are automatically published in the Product Catalog, which makes it available to offer and sell to your customers. Rejected products are automatically routed back to the Product Designer to be updated appropriately.
To create and configure a product bundle, complete the following steps:
- In the Product Studio, click the tabs: Catalog > Bundles.
- On the Bundles screen, click Add bundle. The Add bundle screen appears.
- Enter the Name, Identifier, Description, and the Active from and expires on dates for the bundle you want to create.
- Click Add new to add products to the bundle. You can add products across various Lines of Business and Categories.
- After adding products to a bundle, set the optionfor the products in the bundle.
- Click Submitto create the bundle. The bundle work area displays.
- Click Editon the header to add details to the bundle.
- To add or delete products in the bundle:
- Click Add new in the products section to add products to the bundle.
- Click on the trash can delete icon to remove the products from the bundle.
- By default, the application copies eligibility rules that are associated with the products into the bundle; you can see these eligibility rules in the bundle by selecting the Eligibilities tab in the bundle work area; however, you can add additional and delete undesired eligibility rules from the bundle in this screen. When you are satisfied with the eligibility rules associated to the bundle, continue to the next step.
- Click on the Benefits tab to add additional and delete undesired benefits in the bundle. When you are satisfied with the benefits associated to the bundle, continue to the next step.
- The products in the bundle are shown as expandable/collapsible sections in the Product modification section. Go to the Product modification section to modify the prices and benefits that were defined on the products:
Changes here do not affect the pricing and benefits at the individual product level; they are saved only in the bundle specific pricing.
- To modify a price: Under the Pricing tab, you can modify the prices that were
defined in the product. Click Modifyprice. Click on any price row you wish to
- The price details are shown in a modal. To waive the price for this bundle, select waive and click Submit. Waived prices are identified with a status of “waived.” - To edit the price for this bundle, modify the rate or percentage values and click Submit. Edited prices are identified with a status of “edited.” - To revert any of your changes, click undo.
- To see the price details, click on “gear” icon.
- To modify or add a new benefit: The expandable/collapsible sections in the
Product modification section allow you to modify bundle benefits. Under
the Benefits tab, click Modifybenefits.
- The benefit details are shown in a modal. To waive the benefit for this bundle select Waive and click Submit.
- To edit the benefit details for this bundle, update the details appropriately and click Submit. The price benefit are shown with the status “edited.” –
- To revert any of your changes, click undo.
- To add new benefits for a product that is as part of the bundle, click Add new, which displays all the benefits in the library. The benefits which are currently part of the product have a green checkmark. Click + to add benefits to the product as part of the bundle.
- After you add a benefit, you can also modify the new benefit details as appropriate to bundle requirements.
- The newly added benefits are displayed with Active status. You can also delete them by clicking the trashcan icon.
After adding these details to the bundle, you must send this bundle for approval. The approval process of the bundle is similar to the product approval process described above.