Starting with Pega 7.3.1, the following authentication types are supported:
- PRBasic - Based on passwords in the Operator ID data instances and the login-in form (defined by the HTML rule @baseclass.Web-Login, which your application can override).
- PRSecuredBasic - Similar to PRBasic but passes credentials using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) using Basic HTTP authentication. The login form is defined by the HTML rule @baseclass. Web- Login-SecuredBasic, which your application can override.
- PRCustom - Supports access to an external LDAP directory or a custom authentication scheme.
- PRExtAssign - Supports external assignments (Directed Web Access).
- J2EEContext - Specifies that the application server in which Pega 7.3.1 is deployed using JAAS to authenticate users.