The Pega Test Automation Kit 1.5 release includes the following new features and resolved issues.
The following new features are available in this release:
- Extended test coverage reports
- From Pega Platform version 8.7 onwards, test coverage reports include metrics for the application rules that the system invokes when running queue processors and file processors. With these new metrics, you can capture more accurate test coverage statistics for your applications.
- Role-specific scenario tests
- Scenario tests now can be specific to roles in your application, for more comprehensive scenario testing. You can create separate scenario tests that are specific to different roles, such as an HR worker or a manager. You can create and open scenario tests specific to access groups that your operator includes. For more information, see Creating role-specific scenario tests.
Review the video.
The following issues were resolved in this release:
- Lack of support for an email ID field
- Pega Test Automation Kit now supports testing an email ID field when you create, edit, and run scenario tests in your application.
- Lack of support for recording attachments during scenario tests
- For more comprehensive and reliable testing, scenario testing now supports an Attach content control that you can include in your application.
- Incorrect refreshing of test case status and step status data
- To avoid inaccurate statuses, now when you run a scenario test, test case status and step status refreshes correctly, and displays a correct color that marks the final result.
- Insufficient data when a scenario test fails
- When a scenario test fails due to a UI element that does not load before the test ends, now the error message includes the element ID so that you can easily identify the missing element.