- Verify that you have already run the required Pega Customer Service Upgrade Checker. For information, see Pega Customer Service Upgrade Checker.
- When updating from a version that is not the previous version, review the update guides and release notes for each of the interim versions. Some product changes, such as deprecated and withdrawn features, require user action before the update. See the Pega Customer Service product page for update guides and release notes. To review a list of the product changes that have update impacts, see Crucial update information for Pega Customer Relationship Management.
- Complete all in-flight cases before updating your application. Because of enhancements made in existing cases each release, you might not be able to process the in-flight cases after the update.
- Before starting the update, and before backing up your system, review the database policies and application permissions that are used by your Pega Platform update. Determine whether the application is permitted to update the database automatically or if you must generate the database scripts that your organization will use to manually make schema changes. To automatically update the application schema, your access group must have the SchemaImport privilege and the dynamic system setting database/AutoDBSchemaChanges must be set to true. Otherwise, you can create a DDL file to apply the schema changes manually.
- Update to the latest version of Pega Platform 8.7, and ensure that you can log in as an administrator. For more information, see the Pega Platform Update Guide for your environment on the Deploying Pega Platform page.
- Determine which language packs are applicable to your product and check for
availability. For information, see Pega Marketplace
- Update to Pega Foundation for Communications 8.7 as described in the Pega Foundation for Communications Update Guide.
- Apply any hotfixes that are required to support Pega Foundation for Communications before continuing with the update. For more information, see Applying hotfixes.
- Update to Pega Customer Service 8.7 and Pega Sales Automation 8.7 base applications. There is a single procedure to update both of those applications. Follow all of the instructions, including prerequisites, in the update guides on the Pega Documentation home page.
- Update the optional Pega Product Catalog for Communications application as described in the Pega Foundation for Communications Update Guide. (The Product Catalog for Communications is included in the Pega Foundation for Communications license.)
- Apply hotfixes that are required to support Pega product Catalog for Communications 8.7 before continuing with the update. For more information, see Applying hotfixes.
- If the distribution media files for Pega Customer Service and Pega Sales Automation include patch releases, import the patch release files before continuing with the update.
- Optional: Because SQL database triggers are no longer supported, before you update the application, have your database administrator check for and drop triggers.
Pega Customer Relationship Management for Communications Update Guide