Sell everywhere with the mobile app
The Pega Sales Automation mobile app is an intelligent mobile sales tool that empowers teams to close deals faster, manage the selling process, and collaborate directly from their mobile devices, whether in the office, on the road, at a meeting, or anywhere in the world.
Building the mobile app
Build your Pega Infinity Mobile Client mobile app to empower teams to close deals faster, manage the selling process, and collaborate directly from their mobile devices.
- Verify the Pega Platform settings that the Pega Platform administrator in your organization configures during the system configuration phase. If the settings are not configured, contact the administrator to verify that your organization has been licensed to use the Pega Mobile Client app building feature. If you do not have a license, contact your account executive. For more information about the Pega Infinity Mobile Client mobile app, see Mobile solutions.
- Ensure that you have a certificate set for the Android or iOS mobile platform. A
certificate set defines various settings that identify the Android or iOS
application that you are creating.
For more information, see Creating an Android certification set or Generating mobile certificates for the iOS platform.
- Log into the Pega Sales Automationapplication with any persona that has Dev Studio or App Studio access.
- Import the mobile certificate.
- Build the app in App Studio.
- Scan the mobile app QR code.
- Optional: To further customize your app, see the "Mobile app additional configuration" section.
Mobile app additional configuration
You can further customize your mobile app by reusing or extending Pega Sales Automation rules and patterns to match the appearance of your Pega Infinity Mobile Client mobile app to your business branding.
- Review the available mobile app features by examining the sample data included with Pega Sales Automation. For more information, see Working with sample data.
- To further configure your mobile app, consider the following
Choices Action Configure navigation items See, Configuring the bottom bar. Customize the appearance of the app with cascading style sheets See, Configuring a layout for the reuse of a web portal. Use the Late for meeting notification
- In the navigation pane of Admin Studio, click .
- Search for and open the GenerateAppointmentNotifications job scheduler.
- Click Override next to the job scheduler.
Use the Today's meeting and Appointments notifications Configure Microsoft Exchange services. Note: For basic authentication, update the EWS_Integration_AuthProfile authentication profile, or EWSOauthAuthenticationProfile for oAuth2 authentication. In addition, users must have email accounts of the same domain as added in the authentication profile that you use. Credentials added in the authentication profile must also have impersonation permissions. For more information, see Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Outlook integration in Pega Sales Automation.
- Optional: To scan business cards by using optical character recognition (OCR), configure
the OCR capability of the Pega Sales Automation mobile app.For more information, see the "Setting up optical character recognition (OCR) scanning" section.
Setting up optical character recognition (OCR) scanning
Use optical character recognition (OCR) to scan a business card and create a contact in Pega Sales Automation. Take a picture of a business card with your mobile device's camera, and then send it to the third-party OCR software vendor, for example, Abbyy FineReader or Google Vision, where it is parsed into a standard output, such as XML or JSON. The system then maps the result back to Pega Sales Automation to create a new contact record.
- In Dev Studio, depending on the vendor you choose, either add
the PegaCRM-Abbyy ruleset to the application stack, or add the
ruleset of your chosen vendor.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Built on applications section, add either the
PegaCRM-Abbyy ruleset or any custom ruleset for OCR.
For more information about creating and saving rulesets, see Creating a ruleset and ruleset version.
- In the PegaCRM-Int-BusinessCard- class, create a data model in
your ruleset that matches the data model, class structure, and properties either from the
Abbyy setup in the sample application or your custom vendor.If you use the Abbyy FineReader, use the PegaCRM-Int-BusinessCard-Abbyy class. For other vendors, use the PegaCRM-Int-BusinessCard-vendorname format. If the third-party software uses an XML object, create a data structure to hold the XML structure. If the third-party software uses a JSON object, create a data structure to hold the JSON object.For more information about creating data models, see Adding a field group to your data model.
- Configure and save the GetCardData and
MapBusinessCardDetails extension point rules to collect data.
- Search for and open the GetCardData activity, which parses the
business card data for the OCR vendor.
Tip: In the sample application, the GetCardData activity calls the GetCardData Java API, which collects the file content, the vendor's user name and password. The sample application includes the sample application RAP with the PegaCRMAbbyy.zip file, which is a Java wrapper application that calls the Abbyy software.
- In the Step page fields, enter the necessary data, for example, the user name and password for your chosen vendor, and the class name for parsing data to the BusinessCardData page.
- Search for and open the MapBusinessCardDetails data transform
to map the data from the OCR vendor to the contact in Pega Sales Automation
Tip: The system receives the XML structure after processing the file image. The MapBusinessCardDetails data transform then maps the data from the XML data model to the contact data structure and makes it available in Pega Sales Automation.
- Configure the Target fields for BusinessCardMatchTo. rows to match the data model of your structure under the PegaCRM-Int-BusinessCard- class.
- Search for and open the GetCardData activity, which parses the business card data for the OCR vendor.
Previous topic Running the Data import wizard data import Next topic Connect to Outlook add-in or Gmail