Review Migration Strategy
This content applies to On-premises, Client-managed cloud and Pega Cloud environments
Review the migration deliverables listed below when finalizing your migration strategy. If necessary, follow the links to review the information about how to create them.
Complete these deliverables before the review of your Migration Strategy:
- Modernization Tool Output
- Gap Assessment Worksheet
- Route To Live Plan
- Migration Project Plan
- Connectivity Plan
Review the overall migration strategy with your Pega team, as well as any stakeholders in your organization who may be involved in the migration.
Each migration is unique. Therefore, all involved parties must be present during the migration strategy review to ensure roles and responsibilities are defined, timelines are provided, and everyone is aware of the process.
Review Detailed Migration Project Plan
Review the Migration Project Plan with Pega to ensure it conforms to Pega’s standard migration process and follows best practices when migrating to Pega Cloud.
Include these items in the Migration Project Plan before the review with Pega:
- Details about the Pega Platform and strategic applications, including number of applications to be migrated, source database vendor, and size of the data to be migrated for each application
- The mapping between your source environments and target Pega Cloud environments, along with the associated data, which you created when defining your Route to Live plan.
- Remediation Plan that includes steps, responsible party and a schedule for all changes and modifications required for functional parity and compliance on Pega Cloud
- Detailed Migration Strategy specifying data to be migrated, timelines for the migration, and contacts for anyone involved in the migration project
Previous topic Establish Foundational Infrastructure Connectivity to Pega Cloud Next topic Kickoff Project