Reports run on schedule
Pega Platform provides a functionality to schedule a report to run on a specific date and time. For example, you can retrieve data about bugs resolved within a specific time slot to analyze productivity of the team.You can schedule a report to run by completing a schedule task form that consists of the following sections:
- Task Name
- Label of the scheduled task. Supports only letters, numbers, and the underscore character.
- Task Description
- Short summary of the report.
- Time of Day
- Select what time the report runs. The time corresponds to the time zone set for the server that runs the Pega Platform.
- Recurrence – One-Time only
- Run the report once. Specify the date in the on field.
- Recurrence – Recurring task
- Run the report at specific intervals. In the Recurrency information section, select when the report run starts, and how often the report run occurs.
- End date
- Select when to finish the report run.
You can run the report indefinitely, specify the exact number of runs, or specify the end date.
- On error, retry
- Rerun the report if errors occur. You can set the interval and the maximum number of attempts.
Task Output Processing
- Output File Format
- Specify the report file format. You can choose between PDF file format, and Microsoft
Excel file format.
Note: Reports in the PDF format do not include charts.
- Enable authorized users to subscribe to task notifications
- Allow other users to subscribe to the report.
- Send Notifications to the following users
- Specify a list of users that receive a copy of the report.
- Attach output to notification
- Attach the report output file to the notification e-mail that subscribed users receive when the report runs.
- Embed link to output in notification
- Embed a link to the report output file in the notification e-mail that subscribed users receive when the report runs.
- Configure Notification Message
- Specify the content of the notification that the subscribed users receive when the report runs.
Previous topic Report Viewer Next topic Scheduling reports