Intake specialists can initiate an event in the application, and can perform and track actions.
In order to use the event case in implementation layer, save as the D_Event data page in the implementation layer and update the lookup with the implementation class name in the source.
Adding a field to the existing event details form
When adding an event to the system, to add a field to be captured on the event details capture screen, complete the following steps.
- Create a property in the PegaPS-Data-Event class.
- Add the newly created property to the EventDetails (PegaPS-Data-Event) section.
Capturing an additional address for an event
By default, when creating an event, one address is captured.
- Create a record in the AddressType (PegaPS-Data-Config-AddressType) data type with the new address details.
- Add a step in the pySetFieldDefaults (PegaPS-Data-Event) data transform for the new address type initialization.
- Update the EventInformation (PegaPS-Work) section to include the new address type with the PageContext set as .Event.AddressList(2).
Adding a field to the existing review actions in the event review screen
By default, the event review screen displays the following review actions in ICM application: open an investigation, Associate to an existing investigation, Need additional information, Issue warning, No Action-Invalid event, and No Action-Duplicate event. And in Pega government platform application, review screen displays the following review actions: Approve, Reject and Return.
- Create a record in the Option Map (PegaPS-Data-Config-OptionMap) data type with the new review action.
- Specify the field name as C_EventReview for the Pega Government Platform application.
- Create a record in the ICM Option Map (PegaPS-Data-Config-OptionMap-ICM) data type with the new review action.
- Specify the field name as C_EventReviewAction for the ICM application.
- Open the ReviewEvent (PegaPS-Work-Event-Initiate) flow and click the Save as button.
- Update the connectors that result from the decision shape with the newly introduced actions.
Pega Government Platform and Investigative Case Management users can view events and their associated data.
Extending the Event view page
Extend the Event view page and display other properties of an event.
- Define the new property in PegaPS-Data-Event, if the new property does not exist.
- Add the created property in the Details (PegaPS-Data-Event) section.
- To display a new utility, create the utility in the PegaPS-Work-Event-Initiate class, and add the utility to the pyCaseMainInner (PegaPS-Work-Event-Initiate) section.
Use Search event to search the events in the system based on their basic information.
Search for events by using inputs such as Name, Event ID, Report type, State, and City.
Adding new search criteria
Add a field to the search criteria for the Search event function.
- Open the SearchEventTable (PegaPS-Data-Portal) section, and then add the required field to the section.
- Add a parameter to the D_SearchEventList data page and pass the value of the search text to this parameter in the above section.
- To filter the records based on this field, add the parameter to the SearchEventList report definition, and add the parameter in the filter conditions.
Adding a field to the Search event search results
To add a field to the search results for the Search event function, complete the following steps.
- Add the required property to the columns space of the EventDetails report definition to retrieve it from the database.
- Add the new column to the repeating grid in the SearchResults (PegaPS-Data-Event) section and refer to this new field.
Event creation through email
The system can create an event work item for an inbound email from a reporter. The system can also parse the email and map the information from the email to an event work item.
Customizing the response message
To customize the response message, complete the following steps.
- Save as the following HTML rules:
- EmailHeader (Work-)
- EmailResponse (Work-)
- Update the rules based on your requirements.
Setting up an email listener for event creation
To configure an email listener in an implementation layer to initiate an event through email, complete the following steps.
- Create an email account.
- Click , then click Email Account.
- Save as the PegaPS-Work-ICM email account in the implementation layer, for example, PegaPS-ICMImpl-Work-ICM.
- Update the email address in the sender section and receiver section as necessary.
- Save as the ICMImplEventListener operator and change the access group to the administrator access group of the implementation application.
- Configure the email listener.
- Click , then click Email Listener.
- Save as the ICMEventEmailListener listener to the implementation layer, for example, ICMImplEventEmailListener.
- In the email account section of the listener, update it to use the email account that was created earlier, which in this example, is PegaPS-ICMImpl-Work-ICM.
- Save as the service package (EmailApproval) and change the access group to the administrator access group of the implementation application.
- Update the service package in the Listener properties section of the email listener.
- Update the service class to the Event initiate class of the implementation application, for example, PegaPS-ICMImpl-Work-Event-Initiate.
- Save as the service method CreatepyStartCase in the email listener to the implementation layer ruleset. Change the primary page class to the implementation layer's request access class, for example, PegaPS-ICMImpl-Work-Event-Initiate.
- Update the requestor login section of email listener with the operator that you created earlier.
- Save the email listener.
- Add the email listener.
- Open Admin Studio.
- Click Resources, then click Listeners.
- In the Start/restart listener menu, select the listener that was created in the previous step and click Apply.
- Refresh the Active listeners section.