Mobile solutions provide government developers with several features and scenarios that help develop and deploy mobile apps to suit different businesses. Professionals and citizen developers can work in the model and take advantage of these features to create a modern mobile experience.
With low-code authoring, you can create a mobile channel for your application and effectively configure the content of the app in the model. For more information, see Mobile solutions.
Pega 8 Mobile overview
Pega provides four mobile deployment models: Device Browser, Pega Mobile Preview (previously Pega Mobile Express), Pega Mobile Deployment Kit, and Custom Mobile App.
- Device Browser
- Pega web applications built with responsive UI can be accessed from any device, for example, any tablet or any smartphone, using the device’s native web browser, such as Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge, and so on. No app store or developer licensing accounts are needed to follow this model.
- Pega Mobile review
- For testing purposes, Pega provides the Pega Mobile Preview app available as a free registered download from the Google Play Store for Android, or from the App Store for iOS (See also Pega Mobile Express). The Pega Mobile Preview app is a generalized Pega application launcher that takes the place of a web browser providing application access to device services like GPS and Camera with configurable security controls that a browser-based interaction does not have.
- Pega Mobile Deployment kit
- After the testing is complete, Pega can generate an application-specific mobile deployment kit much like Pega Mobile Preview, but custom tailored to the specific application channel and target platform. This allows the customer to have complete control over kit distribution.
- Custom Mobile App with Pega Connect SDK
- Experienced mobile application authors can build completely custom mobile apps and enable them to interact with Pega via the Pega Mobile SDK. For more information, see Mobile features overview.
Offline support ensures that key work scenarios are available to your users when they work in the field or in situations with limited or no connectivity.
The following scenarios are available as offline support for your application
- Field workers support
- Maintain business continuity and assist users with specific offline tasks.
- Data collection
- Collect data in the form of a questionnaire.
- Data always available
- Provide field workers with offline data catalogs that are necessary to perform their tasks, such as offline catalogs of addresses or parts.
- Case attachments
- Use attachments in cases, such as videos or PDFs that are seamlessly available in offline mode. Mobile users can also add new attachments to cases and ensure that these attachments are available to other users when the app synchronizes with the server.