You need to understand business rule maintenance, application monitoring, and reporting issues.
Business rule maintenance in the Production environment
You can give managers the ability to update rule types in a production environment. For example, managers can update the Goals and Deadline for a certain case type. You must delegate these rules in Dev Studio first. After you delegate a rule, you can access it in the Interaction Portal by clicking Delegating a rule or data type.. For more information on rule delegation, see
Monitoring your application
Pega Autonomic Event Services is an application that automatically monitors, retrieves, and organizes the alert data from one or more clustered systems throughout the enterprise. Pega also provides the Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud, which allows you to benefit from Pega Autonomic Event Services without installing it locally. Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud is a Software as a Service offering of Pega Autonomic Event Services.
Implementing the following best practices in your application can help to ensure optimal response times and overall application health:
- Segment your application's agent processing to a dedicated JVM (Java Virtual Machine). This configuration ensures that end users do not have to share resources with background processes.
- Monitor integration response times. Over time, slow integration points can cause average handle times to increase. When queues start to grow, it becomes very difficult to recover, and might require the use of offline services or a backup application.
As with any application, as your users begin to use the application they will encounter issues that they need to report. When deploying your application to a production environment, complete the following steps to help your users to identify and report the issues that they find:
- Identify the operational staff who will be responsible for responding to issues reported in the production environment.
- Establish procedures with those resources to triage, respond to, and escalate issues.
- Determine procedures for delivery of changes to the production environment.