Pega Government Platform provides data support to collect data about people in the form of Person Entity.
The Person Entity feature contains a persistent datastore and three supporting case types to manage the Person Entity datastore.
Add Person case type
Add a person case type. Using the PegaPS-Work-Entity-Person-Add case type, you can introduce a new entity of the type Person into the system.
The Add Person case type checks for duplicate person entries and notifies about the same. The case type persists the person record along with the supported data like address, communication, communication preference, profile image, security questions, and so on.
Adding a new field to the person intake screen
Capture a new field in the person intake screen. You can add a new data field or property and extend the existing person intake screen.
- In the Person data type, create a field, for example, Spouse Name.
- Run the Person case type, and then navigate to the PersonBasicInfo view.
- Click the Add icon, and then add the new field. A part of the UI section showing the persisted field name.
Updating duplicate check validation for a field
Update the existing duplicate check fields with new fields.
- Open the CheckDuplicate (PegaPS-Data-Entity-Person) case match rule.
- Add a new field by clicking Add must match condition.
- Update the filter logic accordingly.
- Click Save as.
- In the Context section, select an application.
- In the Add to ruleset area, select a ruleset and the ruleset version.
- Click Create and open.
Adding a new list item
- In Dev Studio, in the PegaDATA database, create the Grant data type with the following properties: pyID (Primary key), EntityID, and EntityType.
- Add other properties that are related to the Grant, such as the grant name, expiry date, and so on.
- In the Person data type (PegaPS-Data-Entity-Person), create a field of type page list of Grant data type class.
- Update the PersitEmbeddedPage (PegaPS-Data-Entity-Person) activity with a new step that loops the GrantsList property, and then invoke the activity SaveObject by passing the EntityID and EntityType parameters similar to CommList.
- Create a UI to capture the Grant details.
Update Person case type
Update the existing Person case type. Using the PegaPS-Work-Entity-Person-Update case type, you can update the details of an existing entity.
You can make changes to the person data and submit them. The details persist after the duplicate validation check ensures that there are no duplicates.
The D_Person data page fetches the entity details along with associated data like address, communication, and so on.
Updating an existing list property
Update an existing list property, for example, GrantsList.
You can update the existing list properties for the person entity. Fetch the grant details to update the existing list of grants that are captured as a part of the Add Person procedure.
- Update the FetchPersonDetails (PegaPS-Data-Entity-Person) data transform.
- Add a step similar to CommList or AddressList to set the details using the corresponding grant data page of type: List.
View Person case type
View the details of a person entity. Using the PegaPS-Work-Entity-Person-View temporary case type, you can view the complete details of an existing person entity.
The EntityDetails (PegaPS-Data-Entity-Person)wrapper section contains all the person related views or sections.
Adding a field to the person view
Add new fields to an existing person view.
- To add the field, navigate to the EntityDetails wrapper section and choose the appropriate section to show the field, for example, the Entity details section.
- Add the new field along with the existing ones.
Showing captured list details in the person view
Show the captured list, for example, GrantsList details in the person view.
- Create a view or section in the PegaPS-Work-Entity-Person-View class.
- Include the section in the Main Content region of the pyCaseMainInner view.