You can use a variety of question types and formats in your questionnaire, including questions with single answers and questions with multiple answers. This enables care managers to capture the necessary details from the patients or members and use that data to automate a patient's record with the next steps to help the member or patient toward better health.
When you use a question with a single answer in a questionnaire, a patient can only provide a single response. However, you can apply several formats for this question type, such as a text box or radio buttons. When you need to capture more details, you might create questions with multiple answers so that the patient can provide more information when necessary.
The following table lists the question types with single answers, describes their differences, and provides examples:
- Text box
- A field to enter free-form narrative.
Provide details from your last office visit.
- A field to enter the date.
Provide the date of your last annual physical.
- Date time
- Field to enter the date and time.
When did you attend your appointment?
- Long answer/comment
- A field to enter extended free-form narrative.
Is there anything else you would like to share at this time?
- A list to select one answer.
- Check box
- A check box to select.
Select the best answer for how you are feeling today.
- Radio buttons
- A list of options to select one answer.
Select the answer that best describes the impact of your disease or condition.
- File upload
- An interactive control to upload a file. For example, the patient might upload a log of blood sugars as requested by the care manager.
- Info text
- A box with tips for patients. For example, a patient might have two issues, such as high blood pressure and diabetes. The author adds information to the questionnaire that provides information to the patient.
- An interactive control to select a value from a range. For example, You can ask question about overall health or pain level by using numbers.
The following tables lists the question types with multiple answers and provides examples:
- Multiple answer boxes
Use the answer boxes to enter each of your medications.
- Multiple check boxes
Over the last two weeks, how often have you been bothered by feeling down, depressed, or hopeless?
- Radio button matrix
Over the last two weeks, how often have you been bothered by any of the following problems?
Previous topic Configuring questionnaire management settings Next topic Creating questions with single answers