Creating barrier templates in Pega Care Management
You can create barriers at any time and add them to the personal health plan. Within the context of a care management case and goal achievement, a barrier is anything that prevents a patient or a member from completing the goals that are documented in the system. Barriers also include social determinants.
If you have glucose self-monitoring as a goal and you have not been taught the self-monitoring process, then you have a barrier. In this example, if you are also blind, that might change the way that the education is delivered.
- Log in to the application by entering the user name for the Business Analyst operator and the password that you specified.
- In the navigation panel, click and enter a name for the barrier.
- Complete the details in the wizard by selecting options from lists, clicking buttons to indicate your choices, selecting a check box when appropriate, and entering text when needed.
- Click New to create a new barrier or Copy from existing barrier. If you copy from an existing barrier, select it from the Copy from existing barrier list.
- To make this template available for use, select the Active check
box. This means that a care manager can find the template when searching or a business analyst can use it when attaching tasks to an intervention in the Business Analyst portal.
- Click Continue to add one or more interventions. For more
information, see Configuring
For example: You might add an intervention to engage the patient in a nutritional counseling program.
- Click Continue to review the information and then click Finish.
Previous topic Creating goal templates in Pega Care Management Next topic Creating intervention templates in Pega Care Management