Registering a supplier
Add a new supplier in the Pega Warranty application.
A supplier manager who works for a manufacturer adds or on-boards a supplier to the Pega Warranty application database. Supplier registration includes adding supplier information, parts, and the supplier responsibility ratio for those parts.
Log in to Pega Warranty as a supplier manager. For more information on log in credentials, see Operators list and description.
In the header of Dev Studio, click.
In the Supplier code box, enter the code of the supplier that you want to add, and then click the Let's go button.
In the Supplier details section, in the Supplier name filed, enter the name of the supplier.
In the Address section, enter the address of the supplier.
In the Contact Details section, enter the contact information of the supplier, and then click Continue.
To update a return center, click the corresponding Properties icon.
To add a new return center, click the Add return center button.
To select the default return center, click the corresponding Is Default? button.
To update a return logistics carrier, click the corresponding Properties icon.
To add a new logistics carrier, click the Add return carrier button.
To select the default return carrier, click the corresponding Is Default? button.
Click Add return carrier to enter a new logistics carrier details, and then click Submit.
Click the corresponding Is Default? radio button to select a default return carrier.
To update the details of an existing part, click the corresponding Properties icon, update as required, and click Submit.
If you want to add the details of a new part, click Add part.
- In the Enter parts details area, in the Part description box, enter or select a part.
- In the Unit price field, enter the unit price for the part you selected.
- In the Responsibility ratio field, enter the responsibility ratio of the manufacturer and the supplier for the warranty claim.
- In the Return policy area, select the Requires return check box if you want the dealer to return the part.
- Select the Requires physical return check box if you want the dealer to return the physical part.
- In the Inspection Instructions field, specify any instructions for the parts inspector to examine the part.
- In the External Link field, enter an external link; for example, a website which contains inspection instructions.
- Click Requires inspection if you want the dealer to inspect the part before returning it.
- In the Tear down instructions field, specify the instructions to disassemble the part.
- Click the Requires Image return if you want the dealer to provide an image of the part being returned.
- In the Image Return Instructions area, click the Add instructions icon.
- In the Repair / Claim Attachment Category list, select view of the part.
- Click the Image uploader icon and add an image of the
You can add any additional instructions along with the image.
- Click the Add instructions icon to add another set of instructions for a different view of the part.
- Click Submit.
In the Payment type list, select a payment type.
Hover over the Information icon to learn more about each payment type.
In the Operator ID field, enter the operator ID for the supplier.
In the Password field, specify a password for the operator.
In the Work group field, enter the name of the work group for the supplier.
In the Work basket field, enter the name of the work basket for the supplier.
In the Assign to box, enter or select the supplier manager that the supplier reports to.
Review the summary of the details of the supplier and then click Submit.
Click Approve to approve the changes to the details of the supplier.
Previous topic Configuring supplier recovery Next topic Updating the supplier details