Pega Robot Studio
Pega Robot Studio provides a rapid visual development environment that lets you create attended and unattended automations. Pega Robot Runtime provides the environment to run these automations so you can complete tasks more efficiently. For example, with Robot Studio, you can create automations that perform the following tasks:
- Automate manual processes, such as copying and pasting between applications
- Provide a single user interface for interaction with multiple applications
- Display process guidance tips to assist users with the completion of workflow tasks
Pega Robot Studio provides base adapters for integrating applications without modifying the underlying software. By using the Robot Studio application adapters, you can select specific application targets (such as text-entry controls and web links) and then use the properties, methods, and events of the controls to design application automation and event-monitoring solutions.
Pega Robot Studio works within the Microsoft Visual Studio design environment. You can install it two ways:
- Robot Studio (stand-alone) -- Robot Studio is a complete stand-alone version built for developers who do not have Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 installed. As part of the Robot Studio installation, the Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Isolated Shell is installed. This provides the Integrated Development Environment (IDE) foundation for Robot Studio and a familiar, feature-rich development environment.
- Robot Studio plug-in -- The Robot Studio Plug-in integrates with Visual Studio 2015, so you can leverage Microsoft developer tools to rapidly create Pega Robot Studio projects from within Visual Studio.
With either the stand-alone or plug-in version of Robot Studio, the design experience provides streamlined access to all the tools required for project design, debugging, and deployment.
For more information, see the following documents:
- For system requirements and installation instructions, see the Pega Robotic Automation Installation Instructions.
- To download Pega Robotic Automation, see Download Pega RPA software.
- Agile Desktop Implementation Guide
- Pega Robotic Automation Dump Utility User Guide
- Pega Robotic Automation version 19.1 Studio and Runtime Help
- Building Solutions
- Creating automations using the Screen OCR feature
- Creating UI Connectors
- Enhanced Interrogation Form
- Incorporating HTML Table Data in Projects
- Incorporating PDF files in your automation using Pega Robot Studio versions 8.0 and 8.0 SP1
- Incorporating PDF files in your automation using Pega Robot Studio version 19.1
- Integrating BeyondTrust with Pega Robotic Automation
- Integrating Credential Providers with Pega Robotic Automation
- Integrating CyberArk with Pega Robotic Automation
- Project distribution options
- Server Bot Framework
- Setting up a relying party in AD FS
- Understanding Threading
- Understanding Translators
- Using Automation Playback
- Using Citrix Contexts
- Using Data Components
- Using Match Rules
- Using the Automation Recording Feature
- Using the Microsoft Office Connectors
- Using the New Project Wizard
- Using the Robot Inspector
- Using the Siebel Adapter
- Using the Text Adapter
- Working with single-page web applications
Previous topic Pega RPA product overview Next topic Pega Robot Studio and Runtime Help system