- Segment application agent processing to a dedicated JVM (Java Virtual Machine). This configuration ensures that end users do not have to share resources with background processes.
- Monitor integration response time. Over time, slow integration points can cause average handle times to increase. When queues start to grow, it becomes very difficult to recover, which might require usage of offline services or a backup application.
- Regularly perform a Layer 7 health check. Layer 7 is the application layer of the OSI model. Having visibility into the details of a connection can allow you to filter out unwanted traffic from entering your call center, such as for example, in the form of a DDoS attack. It can also help with load balancing. Having visibility into call details also provides information that is needed to more intelligently route the call.
- Regularly perform a health check on the CTI layer. Periodically check to ensure that the application can communicate with the switch. Periodically call the application to ensure that it can get through an entire process.
- Monitor social accounts (for example, your Facebook and Twitter accounts) to ensure that they do not expire.
Pega Smart Dispute for Acquirers Implementation Guide