By default, Pega Smart Dispute for Acquirers splits the sum total of an open
suspense transaction between the Outstanding and Suspense Balance of the work item on
For example, if an Open step contains the following:
- Debit Suspense Receivable 150/USD
- Debit Fee Reversal 35/USD
- Credit Customer Account 185/USD
Then the Suspense and Outstanding balance would be written as 185/USD.
This is done to avoid writing off the 35/USD fee reversal, and it assumes full recovery
of the 150/USD receivable. This approach may result in two separate credits to the
customer. You can optionally create one accounting step that correctly accounts for the
suspense balances and provides a single credit to the customer.
Performing a raise action on a suspense entry increases the balance amount that is
applied to the suspense general ledger. Performing lower, close, or write-off actions
reduces this balance, eventually to 0/USD.
Pega Smart Dispute for Acquirers
- In the Designer Studio header search text field, enter
UseNewSuspenseAccounting and select the when rule
from the results.
- Click Save As.
- In the Apply to field, select the appropriate
implementation class for your application.
- In the Add to ruleset list, select the ruleset for your
- Click Create and open.
- Set the values to true for the account.
- Click Save.