For Google Ads paid destinations, you can obtain individuals' device IDs in an application that you own, and then use that device ID to retarget the individual with Next-Best-Action-based actions relevant to the individual in third-party Android or iOS apps.
For example, when an individual named Troy Murphy uses the banking app owned by his bank, the UPlus Bank, the bank can collect Troy's mobile advertiser ID (that is, AdID on Android and IDFA for Apple), and use that ID to target their ads at Troy in third-party apps. When Troy next opens the Youtube app, he is recognized by his device ID, and may see an ad for UPlus Bank. Paid Media Manager integrates with this mechanism by ensuring that the ad targeted at Troy is his most relevant Next-Best-Action.
To configure device ID targeting for a Google Ads destination:
- Configure Google Ads to use a mobile device ID. For more information, see About Mobile Device IDs for Remarketing.
- Log in to Pega Customer Decision Hub as an operator with access to App Studio.
- In App Studio, click .
- Edit or create a destination.
- In the Device configuration section, configure the
- App ID - Enter the ID of an Android or iOS app
that you own. You can specify multiple apps.
Note: For Android apps, the ID is the application package name from Google Play store. For iOS apps, the ID is a unique number provided by Apple. For more information about app IDs, refer to Android or iOS documentation.
- Device - Enter the Pega Customer Decision Hub property used to identify the type of mobile device that the individual owns. To add more devices, click Add device. You can specify multiple devices for each of your apps.
- App ID - Enter the ID of an Android or iOS app that you own. You can specify multiple apps.
- Click Apply.