Managing a supplier dispute
Each supplier claim is assigned to a supplier for further action. The supplier either pays or disputes the case.
A supplier manager can also modify the supplier dispute process by changing the supplier. If the supplier claim was incorrectly assigned, the supplier manager can choose the New supplier option in the Supplier dispute case.
To change the supplier, perform the following tasks:
- Log in as a supplier. For more information on login credentials, see Operators list and description.
- Search for the supplier claim that you want to assign to a different supplier and open it.
- To edit the claim, click Dispute.
- From the Dispute reason list, select Wrong supplier.
A request also needs to be approved by the supplier manager.
- Log in as a supplier manager. For more information on login credentials, see Operators list and description.
- Search for the disputed by the supplier claim and open it.
- To approve changes, click .
- Select the reason code: New supplier and click .
- Add a supplier code to indicate which supplier is assigned as the new supplier.
- Add a supplier responsibility percentage number to indicate the percentage of the total supplier claim value that you agree to pay. For example: the Total supplier claim amount is $1000 and supplier responsibility ratio is 40%, which means a supplier would be liable to pay only $400 of $1000 and the other 60% cost would be incurred by the manufacturer.
- To finish the assignment, click .
After submission, both the old and new suppliers are notified about the changes.
The following correspondence rules are called during the supplier dispute process:
|Rule name||Recipient||Trigger condition|
Previous topic Supplier claim dispute process Next topic Supplier claim dispute calculation logic