Validate a repair order in the Prior approval case and decide whether it was submitted using the correct criteria. An approver, on behalf of a manufacturer, validates a repair order in the Prior approval case and decides whether it was submitted correctly. A dealer can predefine the repair order during the configuration of a prior approval program to plan for an exceptional scenario, for example, when the cost is higher than expected. For more information about the dealer or approver portals, see Warranty portals.
The complete Prior approval case process flow is detailed in the following image:
Prior approval process flow
Creating a Prior approval case
- Log in to the Pega® Warranty application as a dealer using the operator ID and password. For more information, see Operators list and description.
- Create a Prior approval case in one of the following ways:
- Log in to the Warranty application as an approver to approve the case.
After the prior approval is approved:
- A claim unit is created or converted from the prior approval request.
- A set of claim data is transferred from the prior approval case to a claim unit.
A dealer either creates a prior approval request prior to the repair order or the system automatically creates a request if pre-authorization is required after applying a common request program.