A Repair order is a reusable Pega Warranty case type that is used to complete product repairs. It is used by a dealer or repair technician to repair products for customers.
A repair is performed on a particular serial number or vehicle identification number (VIN) of a damaged product or vehicle. To start the repair order process, it is necessary to provide a serial number, or VIN if it is in the automotive layer.
Based on the provided serial number, the system performs the following actions:
- Automatically populates the relevant product information
- Fetches the customer, dealer, and warranty details, as well as a repair history
- Lists all warranties associated with the product
- Checks if the product serial number has any active and responding warranties associated with it
- Populates the Product details tab with additional information
- Populates campaigns associated with the cause of the repair
The customer can choose to do any of the following actions:
- Call customer care service
- Schedule an in-field repair
- Take the product to the in-shop repair center at a dealership where the product can be repaired
The complete Repair order case flow is detailed in the following image:
Repair order process flow