To migrate a new application to a different environment, you must package the application before you can import it to the new environment.
Merging application changes
If you develop your application features in separate branches, use the Merge Branches wizard to merge the branches before you package the application. The wizard shows any merge conflicts so that you can correct them before you merge the branches.
Packaging an application for migration
Before you can migrate a new application to a different environment, you must package the relevant data instances and rulesets into a product rule. The product rule is an instance of Rule-Admin-Product, which Pega Platform refers to as the RAP file.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click Product rules. to start the Application Packaging wizard. For more information about using the wizard, see
- Complete each page of the Application Packaging wizard.
- On the last page of the wizard, click Preview.
- Review the contents of the generated RAP file.
- If you want to make any changes, on the last page of the wizard, click Modify.
- When you have completed your review of the RAP file, click Export.