Revision management is a Pega Platform feature that enables business users to take ownership of parts of the enterprise application. Users can make controlled changes in the business sandbox and test the changes in a production environment within the boundaries defined by IT.
Most marketing artifacts can be included and updated in revisions. Revision managers can start a new revision and create change requests within the revision. A change request can contain marketing rules and be assigned to a marketer.
These two widgets can be used by marketers to view their assigned change requests:
- The My Work widget
- The Revision Management widget
Added to a user's Home page in the Pega Customer Decision Hub portal
- Displays change requests that are assigned to the user, and lists each rule within the request
- Enables a user to directly access the rules within an assigned change request
There are three roles involved in revision management:
- DecisionManager:RevisionManager - includes the ability to create a revision and change request.
- DecisionManager:StrategyDesigner - can be assigned a change request to work on.
- DecisionManager:PegaMarketing - includes both of the above roles to allow running campaigns from the application overlay context.
For more information, see the "Revision Management" chapter in the Pega Customer Decision Hub for Financial Services User Guide on the Pega Customer Decision Hub for Financial Services product page.
In addition to revision management, you can give managers the ability to update other rule types in the Production environment. For example, managers can update the Goals and Deadline for a certain case type. These rules must be delegated in Dev Studio first. After the rule has been delegated, you can access it by clicking Delegating a rule or data type.. For more information on rule delegation, see
Managers can also create reports in the Reports section of the portal. For more information, see Report Browser features.
Previous topic Identifying and reporting issues