Rebasing rules to obtain latest versions
If you are using a continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline with Deployment Manager or third-party automation servers such as Jenkins, you can rebase your development application to obtain the most recently committed rulesets through Pega repositories after you merge branches on the source development system.
- If you are migrating and merging branches separately, manually migrate branches for an
application that has a new major or minor version. Rebase only pulls the ruleset version
that is visible to your current application.
For example: For example, if you previously migrated a branch for an application of version 1.x but are now working on a 2.x application version, migrate the 2.x branch ruleset to the main development system before rebasing. Otherwise, rebase refreshes your development system with the 1.x ruleset versions.
- In the header of Dev Studio click the name of your application, and then click Definition.
- On the Definition tab, click Get latest ruleset versions.
- In the Select repository list, select the repository from which to retrieve rules to see a list of ruleset versions that will be rebased.
- Click Rebase.
- If there are no import conflicts, your development application is refreshed with the rules.
- If there are import conflicts, the system displays them. For example, a conflict can occur if you made a change to the same ruleset version on your local development system or if you modified a non-resolved rule in the ruleset, such as the Application record. To resolve a conflict, complete the following step.
- If you have conflicts, you must resolve them before rebasing
continues, either by overwriting or rejecting the changes on your development system.
Complete the following steps to import the ruleset and either overwrite or reject the
changes that you made to the ruleset on the development system:
- For each ruleset, click the Download Archive link and save the .zip file.
- Click the Click here to launch the Import wizard link at the top of the Rebase rule form to open the Import wizard, which you use to import the .zip files. For more information, see Importing rules and data by using the Import wizard.
- In the wizard, specify whether to use the older version of the ruleset or overwrite the older version with the newer version.
- After you resolve all conflicts, restart the rebase process by starting from step 1.
Previous topic Enabling ruleset versions for Pega repositories for rebasing Next topic Understanding best practices for version control in the DevOps pipeline