Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Setting up the IVA for Apple Messages for Business
Ensure that users can interact with your Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) by sending messages from Apple Messages for Business. By conveniently interacting in an everyday messaging platform, users can address their business needs in your application more efficiently.For example, for an online store application, customers can instantly message your chatbot from their iPhone by using Apple Messages for Business to report problems with their recent product purchase.
- Configure Unified Messaging channel security settings. For more information, see Configuring Unified Messaging channel security.
- If you do not have an IVA for Unified Messaging, create a Unified Messaging channel. For more information, see Creating a Unified Messaging channel.
- If you do not have an Apple Messages for Business account, create one in the Apple Business Register portal by registering for the service. In the Messaging Service Provider section of your Apple Messages for Business account, select the provider specified for your implementation, for example: Pegasystems Inc. or Pegasystems Inc. EU. Apple will generate an identifier for your account. For more information, refer to the Apple Business Register portal.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click Channels and interfaces.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon that represents your existing Unified Messaging channel.
- In the Unified Messaging channel, click the Connection tab.
- Click Integration Manager.
- In the Digital Messaging Manager window, click Add Connection, and then click the Apple Messages for Business icon.
- On the New Apple Messages for Business page, in the Name field, enter a label for your Messages for Business account to use in the system.
- In the Messages for Business ID field, enter
the identifier for your Messages for Business account.Apple generates a unique identifier when you create an account in the Apple Business Register portal.
The following figure shows sample configuration settings for Apple Messages for Business:
- Click Save.
Result: The system displays information that the new Messages for Business account was successfully registered.
- Optional: To display all of your configured accounts for messaging platforms in the Digital Messaging Manager window, click Home.
- Close the browser window, and then in the Unified Messaging channel, click Save.
Previous topic Creating a Unified Messaging channel Next topic Setting up the IVA for Facebook Messenger