- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click Channels and interfaces.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon that represents your existing Unified Messaging channel.
- In the Unified Messaging channel, click the Connection tab.
- Click Integration Manager.
- In the Digital Messaging Manager window, click Add Connection, and then click the WhatsApp icon.
- In the New Twilio WhatsApp page, in the Name field, enter a name for your WhatsApp account.
- In the Number field, enter a WhatsApp number, including the country code.
- In the Account SID field, enter the identifier for your
Twilio account.Twilio generates a unique identifier when you create a Twilio account.
- In the Auth token field, enter the authorization token
for your Twilio account.Twilio generates an authorization token when you create a Twilio account.
- In the Webhook section, select and copy the generated webhook URL for WhatsApp.
- Click Save
- Optional: To display all of your configured accounts for messaging platforms in the Digital Messaging Manager window, click Home.
- Close the browser window, and then in the Unified Messaging channel, click Save.
- Define the webhook URL for the WhatsApp number in your Twilio account by
performing the following steps:
- Log in to your Twilio account.
- Click the More icon, and then click .
- In the displayed list, select a WhatsApp number, and then click Edit.
- In the Endpoint Configuration section, in the
Webhook URL for incoming messages field,
paste the webhook URL that you copied in step 10.This action ensures that when your phone number receives inbound messages from WhatsApp Messenger, Twilio forwards the messages to the IVA channel.
- To add additional WhatsApp numbers for your Twilio account to the webhook URL, repeat steps 14.c through 14.d.
- Click Close.
You access Digital Messaging Manager in the Unified Messaging channel to configure individual messaging accounts in one place for your application.