Pega's recommended approach for outbound customer engagement is to use the outbound schedule option available within the Next-Best-Action Designer, referred to as the next-best-action approach. This approach allows you to use the same customer engagement policies consistently across all inbound and outbound communication channels. Further, this approach allows you to use Pega 1:1 Operations Manager, which makes consistent management of actions and engagement policies even easier. The filtering is done at the group and action level with very few segments used only to limit the starting population for the schedule. This results in very few or even just one outbound schedule (the primary schedule).
The next-best-action approach is different compared to the product-centric, segment-based, batch and blast approach or the campaign approach, for which you need the additionally licensed Marketing Campaign Edition component. In the campaign approach you end up creating tens or hundreds of individual campaigns, each with their own filtering criteria and schedule.
To start using the Marketing Campaign Edition, you need to enable the Campaigns menu in your implementation application.
- Log in to Dev Studio with an administrator account.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Application Settings tab, search for the EnableCampaignEdition setting in the PegaMKT-Engine:<version> ruleset.
- Click the EnableCampaignEdition row.
- Save the EnableCampaignEdition setting to the
- On the Application Settings: Campaign edition licensed customers only tab, click Save as.
- On the New tab, in the Add to ruleset field, enter the name of the implementation ruleset.
- Click Create and open.
- On the Edit Application Settings: Campaign edition licensed customers only tab, set all the production level values to True by selecting the check boxes.
- Check in your changes:
- Click Check in.
- In the Check-in comments field, describe the
For example: Enabled marketing campaign edition
- Click Check in.